Hello & Happy Friday!
Quick update: For anyone who was expecting a post for the Chicago series, it will be back next Friday. Today, I have something different and I hope you all enjoy it.
A couple of nights ago, I was scrolling through Instagram when I noticed I have a decent number of photos at the beach. At some point that night, I decided it would be fun to share some of the most beautiful beaches I’ve been to.
1. Diamante Beach, Dominican Republic: Diamante literally translates to diamond in English; a fitting name for the most beautiful beach I have ever been to. I feel like I didn’t even appreciate it fully when I went. By the time we were done taking pictures, it was time to head back to the bus. I just remember the sand being soft and almost smooth to the touch. I should have just laid there and taken it all in for a good 15 minutes.
2. Palominito Island, Puerto Rico: Once I saw this island from our mini boat, it took me about 5 seconds to whip out my camera. This beach comes in a close second to Diamante for its white sand, crystal clear waters and stunning views of surrounding islands.
3. Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas: While there is not much to do at Great Stirrup Cay besides sip Bacardi filled drinks and lay out in the sun, the beach is a must see. The water was so clear, I could see my feet in it.! If you do want to visit this island, I think you have to go on a cruise with Norwegian because they own the island (of course they do).
4. Sunny Isles Beach, Florida: I neglected this beach for quite a bit even though it’s very close to me. Safe to say I was silly to waste all that time not going.
5.South Miami Beach, Florida: If you live in Miami, you’re probably thinking “what the heck is she saying ?”. Honestly, with South Beach, it really depends on what side of the beach you go to. Since it’s very popular, it’s often crowded and some people throw trash on the beach (sigh). Don’t worry, there’s good news because I have a secret spot. All you have to do is find the Big Pink restaurant or the South Beach Pier and go to the beach from there. Thank me later.
6. Pass-A-Grille Beach, Florida: I’ve been on a mini-mission lately to visit all of the beaches on this side of the coast. So far, I’ve only been to 2 including this one. Poor. But luckily, it’s almost always beach weather in Florida so I’m not too worried about catching up.
7. Clearwater Beach, Florida: Just like South Beach, Clearwater has its days. It’s another very popular beach, especially for spring breakers and snowbirds. If you can, find a part of the beach that’s not very crowded. In my experience, this is usually the cleanest and nicest part of the beach.
What are some of the best beaches you guys have been to? Comment below so I can google them and hopefully visit some (or all) of them.
As always, thanks for reading!
Postscript: A few of these photos are over 2.5 years old so I don’t remember what I took them with.
(other) Photos shot on iPhone 6S+
same footprints, different sands